Our future? We have none- the
Get used to it.
You disagree? We all have our own future- the freedom to live as one chooses. You say I am just another pessimist. I say I am a realist.
But what you said is naive.
I’ve been thinking about this for a while. It has been a “progression” of thought, or perhaps “regression” is a better word. My conservative leaning moderatism has taken an ugly turn. I think I need to change the way I look at thinks from a life perspective.
Once a comment was made about
Those of us that care have no real options left. Many everyday people just don’t see it yet. Do you really think that “we the people” are represented anymore? We have two parties, and everyone in those two parties with any real power (The President, Congress, Governors, etc) is corrupt. They care only about 1) their gain of status, wealth and power and 2) maintaining their parties. If they didn’t, they wouldn’t be presented to us, “we the people” to vote upon by the two parties in power. When given the so called “choice”, we must choose between two folks that NEVER EVER have our interests in mind.
So, we no longer have the rights we used to.
Here is one example: A basic tenant of our country was once the right to own land, and thus the existence of the Fourth Amendment in the U.S. Constitution. We no longer really own land: it is subjugated to excessive taxes, eminent domain, excessive permits, and the list goes on. I can no longer do what I want on my land- we do not have that freedom.
Here is another example: Do remember in grade school the phrase used by our founding fathers “No taxation without representation!”? We are no longer represented, but we sure as heck are taxed! Would you agree?
I can go on, but I think you get my point.
The Constitution of the
I told my wife a few nights ago, that I pity my kids. We are witnessing the beginning of the end of a once great nation and that is who will suffer. We have no future, but by “we” I mean “they”.
And this is why my thinking is radically changing, and what I am thinking is scaring the hell out of me.

No comments:
Post a Comment