Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving

Since this is a holiday, I haven't been on-line posting today, and this is the only post I will post here today. There are much more important things in life than politics. Folks don't seem to get that nowadays. In my little world, my family is all important- they are what I exist for, the essence of who I am. I refer to my family as "TheWoodPile". So here I am at 11:00 p.m. and the family holiday event has winded down, I am the only person awake so I am reflecting upon the day's events.

My wife works at Wal-mart, so she has to be up at 3:30 a.m. tomorrow for Black Friday. She has long been in bed. She works hard every Thanksgiving, roasting the turkey and making all the food for the idyllic Thanksgiving spread. She is an incredible woman. We've been married over 17 years, and I can not remember ever not being married (and I don't want to). The smartest thing I've ever done was to propose to her. I love her now just as much as I did when I joyfully cried all through out my own wedding beginning from the time I saw her in her dress at the far end of the isle.

My oldest daughter is 13. She gets good grades, but it isn't always easy for her. It is something she works for, and I am so proud of that. Even more so, she has a gentle soul. She sees people for their goodness. She loves animals, and wants to do nothing but good in the world.

My youngest daughter- she is my sunshine. Like her mother, she has beautiful blond curly hair. She always has this twinkle in her eye, like she has just thought of the next big idea. She can be fiercely independent, but at the same time very sensitive as to how others perceive her.

This is my family, my "Woodpile". This is what I am thankful for, and what I thank God for everyday to the very core of my being because without them, I am nothing.

Thank you God, for making me something.

No comments: